From 8th to 10th December 2020, Enit organised networking and comparison events to promote Italy and encourage meetings between hundreds of Italian companies, with Spanish and international buyers for a full immersion in the Italian way of life in virtual format with 23 companies together with 7 regions: South Tyrol, Emilia Romagna, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Liguria, Piedmont, Puglia and Veneto.
The event has an online agenda for each individual operator present, who can organise up to a maximum of 30 appointments and aims to facilitate individual tailor-made meetings between suppliers and pre-qualified hosted buyers.
An articulated and one-year sponsorship is also planned, up to December 2021 as a headline partner with Reed: joint communication actions across the board and cycles of webinars and a blog dedicated to the enhancement of cities of art. These are just some of the innovative Enit communication actions in synergy with the cities of art, an engaging methodology already tested by Enit with the htlm luxury fair.
IBTM World Virtual will still maintain the standards to which the sector has become accustomed to and continues to connect with high-level decision makers from all over the world. The virtual event will take place from 07:00 to 22:00, to allow access to different time zones around the world. The percentage of buyer’s present is distributed as follows: 60% Europe, 17% North Americas, 13% Latin America, 8%, Asia and Pacific, 2% ME.
The live conference sessions and forums will address some of the pressing issues of the travel industry such as technology, crisis management, sustainability, future trends and more. In 2019 ICCA (International Congress and Convention Association) had a total of 13,254 international meetings across the world, with an increase of 317 additional meetings compared to the number recorded at the same time in 2018 (+ 2.4%). Italy, with 550 congresses hosted, remains in sixth position (+ 5.4% on 2018). China, Japan, the Netherlands, and Portugal follow. In 2019, the average total meeting spend was nearly $ 11 billion, excluding spin-off investments and economic development. The months of September, October and June are still the most popular choices for the associated sector to organise meetings. The congress sector is a rapidly expanding and crucial sector for Italy which, with ENIT, is bringing with it the "vision" linked to sustainability, innovation, and seasonal adjustment.
In terms of revenue, the overall expenditure of travellers from abroad in Italy for work reasons was 5.8 billion euros in 2019, 13.1% of the total, growing by + 5.0% compared to 2018. In detail, congress travel acquires 874 million euros (+ 7.2% on 2018), 15.1% of the total spent by foreigners for business reasons. Medical science (17%), technology (15%) and science (13%) are the three most popular international meeting themes, and this leads us to focus on the importance of new technologies and the physical modality, i.e. use of technologies to create a bridge between the physical and virtual worlds.
- Bologna Convention Bureau & Bologna Congress
- Cinecitta 'events - Istituto Luce Cinecitta'
- Elio Serra - Blu Wonder Dmc
- Rome Fair
- Florence Convention Bureau And Florence Fair
- Greenblu Hotels & Resorts
- Imola Faenza Tourist Office
- Meet South Tyrol, The Other Part Of Italy
- Piedmont - Langhe Monferrato Roero Tourist Board
- Bureau Convention Piemonte - Tourism Turin and Province
- Piedmont ‚Äì Lakes Tourist District
- Pugliapromento - Regional Tourist Board
- Relais Monastero Santa Teresa
- Rimini Riviera Conventon Bureau
- Presidency Office of the Rome and Lazio Conference
- Rome Conventin Center "La Nuvola"
- Typical Tour Operator - Puglia Cycle Tours
- Network of Convention Bureaus of the Venice Region
Other organizations and exhibitors present
- Agagence Sénégalaise De Promotion Touristique
- Atout France
- Belarus National Tourism Agency
- Business Events Canada
- Business Finland Oy - Visit Finland
- Czech Tourism Authority
- ENIT - Italian State Tourist Board
- Enterprise Estonia
- Event Wales
- Frankfurt Convention Bureau
- Greek National Tourism Organization
- Hong Kong Tourism Board
- Hungarian Congress Bureau Non profit Ltd
- Iceland - Meet in Reykjavik
- Innovation Norway
- Instituto de Turismo de Espana OA -Turespana
- Investment and Development Agency of Latvia
- Israel Government Tourist Office
- Japan National Tourism Organization
- Korea Tourism Organization
- Lithuania Travel - National Tourism Development Agency
- Luxembourg Convention Bureau GIE
- Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau
- Malta Tourism Authority
- Ministry of Transport and Construction of the Slovak Republic
- Monaco Government Tourist & Convention Authority
- Moroccan National Tourist Office.
- National Tourism Council, Doha - Qatar
- National Tourism Organization of Serbia
- Poland National Tourism Office
- Rwanda Convention Bureau
- Singapore Tourism Board
- Slovenian Convention Bureau
- Slovenian Tourist Board
- South African Tourism
- State Tourism Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Stichting NBTC Holland Marketing
- Switzerland Tourism
- Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (TCEB)
- Tourism Australia
- Turismo de Portugal IP
- Turkish Tourism Promotion and Development Agency
Source : Tourism Italian agency/ENI