The World Travel Award bestowed the best brands to the company in Muscat, Oman. Graham Cooke, Founder, WTA, said: “It has been an honour to stage our comeback Grand Final here in the magnificent Sultanate of Oman. I would like to personally thank all of the winners tonight. You have been recognised by our global voting audience as the leaders of tourism excellence. I know that your commitment to becoming the very best will in turn serve to drive up standards across the industry and will raise the collective benchmark.”
To the Hospitality winners: are
- The Palm (‘World’s Leading Landmark Resort’,
- World’s Leading Hotel Suite, ‘World’s Leading Executive Club Lounge’,
- ‘World’s Leading Water Park);
- Burj Al Arab (‘World’s Leading Luxury All Suite Hotel’);
- Emirates Palace (‘World’s Leading Luxury Beach Resort’);
- Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach (‘World's Leading Luxury Resort’);
- Sani Resort, Greece (‘World’s Leading Family & Beach Resort’,
- ‘World’s Leading Cultural Destination Resort’);
- The Ritz- Carlton Aman (‘World’s Leading Luxury Hotel & Spa');
- The Chedi Muscat (‘World's Leading Luxury Beach Resort & Spa’);
- Aman (‘World's Leading Dive Resort’: Amanpulo, Philippines);
- One & Only (‘World's Leading Hotel Beach Villas’: Beachfront Villas @ One&Only
- The Palm, Dubai).
Sandals Resorts International were once again crowned ‘World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company’ with Beaches Resorts awarded ‘World's Leading All-Inclusive Family Resort Brand’. The title of ‘World Leading All-Inclusive Resort’ went to Sandals, Grenada.
The highly-prized honour of ‘World’s Best New Resort’ was claimed by Jumeirah Muscat Bay, Oman and title of ‘World’s Best new Hotel’ was won by Shangri-La Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Palm Jumeirah took top honours for ‘World's Leading Tourism Development Project 2022’.
The occasion also recognised the achievements of three very individuals who were honoured with special discretionary World Travel Awards. ‘World’s Leading Travel Personality’ was bestowed upon Hassan Ahdab, President of Hotels Operations, Dur Hospitality Company, ‘Outstanding Contribution to the Hospitality Industry’ was presented to Nana Gecaga, Chief Executive Officer, KICC, and Deepak Ohri, CEO, lebua Hotels & Resorts was granted the special honour of ‘World’s Leading Happiness Ambassador’.
Sheikh Aimen Ahmed Al Hosni, Chief Executive Officer of Oman Airports, said, “Having hosted the 26th edition of this prestigious global event with great success, we were pleased to once again invite major players in the tourism industry to visit the Sultanate of Oman and attend the WTA Grand Final Gala Ceremony.”Hosting this global event falls within the framework of our role in supporting the efforts of the Ministry of Heritage and Tourism in placing Oman on the map of major global events. We are confident that the presence of the best travel and tourism companies from around the world, and the accompanying media coverage, will reflect positively on these efforts.”
source: World Travel Award